Transguard Group Releases Sustainability Report
Dubai, United Arab Emirates – As part of its continuing efforts to align itself with local and global CSR standards, Transguard Group has published its first Sustainability Report.
“Five years after Transguard officially embarked on its CSR journey, our programme is one of the leading initiatives of its kind,” explained Greg Ward, Managing Director, Transguard Group. “This has allowed CSR to become an integral part of everything we do, which makes the release of our first Sustainability Report a momentous occasion for the business.”
The comprehensive report, which follows the October announcement that Transguard Group had been awarded the Dubai Chamber CSR Label, echoes the recommended format of the internationally recognized Global Reporting Initiative guidelines; it also includes Transguard’s alignment with the following UN Sustainable Development Goals:
- Goal 1: No Poverty (Target 1.2)
- Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being (Target 3.5-3.6)
- Goal 4: Quality Education (Target 4.3-4.4)
- Goal 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth (Targets 8.2-8.6; 8.8)
- Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities (Targets 11.1-11.2)
- Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production (Target 12.5)
- Goal 13: Climate Action (Targets 13.1 and 13.3)
- Goal 14: Life Below Water (Target 14.1)
- Goal 15: Life on Land (Target 15.3)
- Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions (Target 16.5)
Transguard Group is already certified under a number of international standards, including ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO 39001:2012.
“This Sustainability Report is the first of its kind for Transguard, and while it documents the full development of our CSR programme, it includes a particular focus on the last two years when the programme matured in particularly significant ways,” said Lena ter Laare, Director – Marketing and CSR. “We are excited to share our progress with the community and look forward to the continued growth of this vital initiative.”